Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Neue Galerie



I was rather sorry when the astonishing Neue Galerie became popular. I rather liked it at first when it was quieter.
Lots of black and white.




Everything very opulent and luxe.



The cafe in the basement is wonderful. I thought these women sitting at a table looked like something painted by Hopper.



Paz and I both thought the staircase was astounding which is why there are two photos of it.



In the elegant bookshop I bought an August Macke calendar.



We ate in the cafe on the main floor - looking out onto Central Park with its bare trees.

6 comments:

  1. It is astonishing place. I enjoyed it very much. I love how you've captured the ambiance of the place.

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to "meet" both you and Paz in New York :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to New York! It's nice to have you here. I love the Neue Gallery - it's an oasis on Museum Mile and the only place on Fifth Avenue where you can sit down and a civilized cup of coffee (mit schlagg) and an apple tart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the woman in the cafe , she looks like a painting of Hopper you are right.
    I love the way you share your NYC with us

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!